I am a personal trainer, group fitness instructor, and nutrition consultant with over 20 years of health & wellness experience. I believe in a natural approach to nutrition and healing, combined with exercise for life.
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nutrition
- Diploma in Sports Nutrition
- Registered Yoga Teacher
- Group Training Instructor
- High Intensity Training Coach
- Advanced Pilates Teacher
- Mobility Training Specialist
I have over 20 years experience training everyone from beginners to elite athletes. My knowledge of many different types of training, periodization training plans, correct form, male/female training, contest prep, as well as yoga, massage therapy and injury recovery plus my personal experience as a professional athlete and competitor gives me a full understanding of what training routine is best to achieve whatever health & fitness goals my students may have.
Hawaiian Islands, 2013 — current
Nutrition Consultant, Personal Fitness Trainer, Group Class Instructor.
Freelance and various locations.
Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2009 — current
Nutrition Consultant, Personal Fitness Trainer and Group Class Instructor – including CST (plyometric training), cardiovascular conditioning, flexibility & body control, strength training, weight loss, posture correction and joint mobility; Group Class Instructor – including Abs, Body-Ball, Pilates, Yoga Strength, Total-Body-Shape/Flex Press, and Spinning.
Freelance and various locations, including Steve Nash Fitness World, YWCA Vancouver, & B.A.S.E. Fitness North Vancouver.
Istanbul, Turkey, 1993 — 2009
Personal Fitness Trainer, Group Class Instructor.
- All major certifications, plus CPR & AED, are currently valid
- 2020: Dietitians of Canada course on Nutrigenomics (Genetic Testing for Personalized Nutrition)
- 2020: ACE Orthopedic Exercise Specialist
- 2019: ACE Senior Fitness Specialist
- 2018: CF-L1 Trainer (CrossFit Level 1 Trainer)
- 2018: Diploma in Sports Nutrition (Dip. S.N.) from Huntington University of Health Sciences
- 2018: New Breed Athlete Workshop with Steve Atlas
- 2018: Certified Animal Flow Instructor
- 2018: ACE Group Trainer Instructor
- 2017: Diploma in Comprehensive Nutrition (Dip. C.N.) from Huntington University of Health Sciences
- 2017: Onnit Foundation Coach
- 2016: NCSF Personal Trainer
- 2013: The Diet Doc Licensed Clinician
- 2013: PiYo Pilates Yoga certification
- 2012: Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher, certifications with Chris Chavez in Vancouver, Zurich and Istanbul
- 2011: Parallettes bar-rings workshop with GMB’s Ryan Hurst
- 2010: Kettlebell Specialist
- 2010: CST (Circular Strength Training) Coach Level-2
- 2009: CrossFit Gymnastics Certification with Jeff Tucker
- 2009: Fitness Education Group Fitness Instructor and Fitness Theory
- 2009: TACFIT (Tactical Functional Training) Instructor
- 2009: Canfitpro PTS (Canadian Fitness Professionals Personal Training Specialist)
- 2009: Info Fit Personal Trainer
- 2007: Professional Practice Training
- 2006: International Institute of Reflexology certification
- 2006: Prospor Pilates Mat Work / Reformer
- 2004: Power-Plate Teacher Trainer
- 2004: Thai Massage
- 2004: Spinning Schwinn International
- 2004: M-A-S-A International Aerobic, Fitness and Dance
- 2003: Balance Body of USA Pilates advanced trainer
- 2003: Prospor Aerobic Instructor Masterclass
- 2002: Yoga, Meditation and Mudra
- 1995: General Massage & Sports Massage
- 1993: Health Institute in Istanbul, Sports Massage Diploma
“Be willing to take the first step, no matter how small it is. Concentrate on the fact that you are willing to learn. Absolute miracles will happen.” “Inhale peace. Exhale love.”
I was born and grew up in Istanbul, Turkey. I always loved everything related to health and fitness. I think I started exercising when I was in elementary school! I became a trainer in Istanbul, I worked with many celebrities, and held teacher-trainings for other trainers. At the same time, I competed in many long and short distance running competitions. I even won three first places and one second place in the sprints at the Athletic Championships of the Balkans.
I always loved educating myself, and I still do! I believe if we stop learning then there's nothing to excite us. I became a licensed athletic referee, an advanced Powerplate reflexology trainer, in tactical training, joint mobility, lifestyle coaching, high performance conditioning, an advanced personal trainer, a registered yoga teacher, and then completed my studies in clinical nutrition and sports nutrition. I study a lot!
After Istanbul, my journey took me to Vancouver BC, briefly to San Diego, and now I am living on the beautiful Hawaiian island of Molokai! I still follow my heart and a healthy lifestyle. I am grateful that I found my calling at an early age, and for the opportunity to share my knowledge and experience with others. I still compete in many fitness competitions and I love to challenge myself! It gives me strength and helps me find my purpose in life.